By Sandy Southivilay
On Valentine’s Day, wake your special someone to these delicious, love-filling Valentine pancakes. These pancakes aren’t like any ordinary pancake. They’re fluffy, soft and topped with a sweet vanilla yogurt sauce and sprinkles that will surly make your significant other’s heart melt. Be sure to make his or her day with these pancakes, and shop union to support your fellow hardworking Americans.
- 1 cup of flour (Gold Medal Flour)
- 2 tbsp of sugar (Domino Sugar)
- ½ tsp of salt (Diamond Crystal Salt)
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil (Mazola Vegetable Plus)
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup of milk (Darigold Milk)
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt (Dannon Yogurts)
- ½ tsp of Baking powder
- ¼ tsp of Baking Soda (Arm & Hammer)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of sprinkles (oblong shaped)
- 1 cup of vanilla yogurt (Dannon Yogurts)
- ¼ tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tsp of honey
- 2 tsp of milk (Darigold Milk)
1. In a bowl mix the dry ingredients - baking powder, baking soda, flour, salt and sugar.
2. In another bowl whisk together the wet ingredients - yogurt, milk, egg, oil, and the vanilla extract.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients bowl and whisk together and let it sit for 10 minutes.
4. Add the sprinkles to the batter.
5. Place a frying pan on the stove and set the temperature to medium heat.
6. Grease the frying pan and then add a spoonful of batter to the pan.
7. Cook for two minute before flipping.
8. For the sauce, mix in a small bowl the honey, milk, yogurt and vanilla extract until a nice consistency is reached.
9. Add the pancakes to a serving dish and top it off with yogurt sauce and some heart sprinkles.
Get the latest Product Spotlights, labor blogs and more with the Labor 411 enewsletter