Do you love Pabst Blue Ribbon beer?
I, for one, never turn down a cold PBR. And I’m no bandwagoner.
Consider now the second (or third, or fourth) coming of Pabst into mainstream culture, spearheaded of course by uber-trendy, image conscious millennials.
Sure, Pabst is definitely seeing a revival amongst the hip, but there is something to be said about a great tasting, quality beer at an amazing value. The fact Pabst Blue Ribbon is union made and distributed by the Teamsters? That’s just the icing on the cake – or should I say cupcake?
Seriously though, PBR cupcakes? Why not! It seems to be the logical extension. This simple recipe for PBR cupcakes definitely calls for a laid back attitude.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix (Betty Crocker)
• 1 Box Vanilla Pudding (Royal)
• 1 Cup Beer (PBR, of course!)
• ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil (Goya)
• 4 Eggs (Alta Dena)
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
• Simply mix all the ingredients together.
• Pour cupcake mix into a cupcake pan lined with cupcake liners.
• Bake for about 20 minutes.
• Be sure to keep an eye on them, and if necessary, check cupcakes with a toothpick to make sure they’re done!
And there you have it! Union made Pabst Blue Ribbon cupcakes! If plain cupcakes aren’t your thing, then I suggest topping with any frosting of your choice. My favorite is definitely Betty Crocker chocolate frosting.
For best results, be sure to enjoy a PBR while baking!