By Linda Dao
Quesadillas are quick, easy, and delicious. Why not make it even better by fusing it with a cheeseburger? And it’s just as simple to make! As always, our recipes are designed to be prepared with union-made ingredients and support unionized grocery stores.
Ingredients (purchase from your local unionized grocery store):
• 1lb ground beef (Tyson)
• 1 cup red onion, chopped
• 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (Kraft, Horizon)
• 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded (Kraft, Horizon)
• 1 tsp chili powder (Durkee)
• 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas (Mission)
1. In a skillet, cook the ground beef, adding chili powder, until completely cooked. Drain the juice and set meat aside in a bowl.
2. Pour the two cheeses and onions into the bowl with the cooked hamburger meat and thoroughly mix. Place an equal amount of the cheeseburger mixture on each tortilla.
3. Fold each tortilla over to create a “half moon” and press down lightly.
4. Coat the skillet with cooking spray and warm to a medium heat. Lightly brown each quesadilla for two to three minutes on each side until the cheese melts and the tortillas are crisp.
5. Serve with your favorite cheeseburger fixings like lettuce, tomatoes and pickles.
Get the latest Product Spotlights, labor blogs and more with the Labor 411 enewsletter