By Shelly Lurie
It’s way too hot to cook anything in the oven during the summer. So, we’ve put together a delicious dessert recipe that requires zero baking! You won’t break a sweat making this treat and the recipe only requires a handful of ingredients that you most likely already have!
As always, our recipes are designed to be prepared with union-made ingredients and support unionized grocery stores.
Ingredients (purchase from your local unionized grocery store):
1 ½ sticks (12 tbsp) Horizon butter, melted
2 cups Rold Gold pretzel rods, crushed into crumbs
1 ½ cups Domino confectioners’ sugar
1 cup & ¼ cup smooth JIF peanut butter
1 ½ cups BAKER’S (by Kraft) milk chocolate chips
1. In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, pretzel crumbs, confectioners’ sugar and 1 cup of the peanut butter. Stir until well combined.
2. Press the mixture evenly onto the bottom of an ungreased 9 x 13 x 2 inch baking dish.
3. Combine the chocolate chips and the remaining ¼ cup of peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between until the chocolate and peanut butter are melted and smooth – about 2 30-second intervals.
4. Spread the chocolate-peanut butter mixture over the peanut butter-pretzel layer.
5. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, then cut into squares.
Have a union-made cocktail, drink, or recipe idea? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.