There’s nothing like biting into a warm gooey cookie during the holiday season. If you need cookies for an ugly sweater party, a snack to get you through finals (no, we didn’t forget about you college kids!) or a treat to leave for Santa, we’ve got a recipe for you. When you buy the ingredients made by the companies listed below, you’re helping to spread holiday cheer. The ingredients from those ethical companies help support good jobs.
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar (Domino)
- 3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa (Hershey)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (Morton, Kroger)
- 4 large egg whites (Horizon)
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla (Kroger)
- 1 ½ cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips (Hershey)
- 3/4 cups mint chocolate candy of your choice
- Heat oven to 350° and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add sugar, cocoa and salt together in a bowl
- Add egg whites and vanilla. Stir with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Fold in the dough and set aside for five minutes.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of batter on your large baking sheet lined with parchment paper and space them about two inches apart
- Bake for 13-15 minutes
- Remove and place your delicious cookies on a wire rack
- Let them cool 3 minutes
- Transfer to a festive plate and enjoy