Fall is here and I’m already nostalgic of Summer. I find myself daydreaming about going to the beach, camping, BBQing, eating ice cream, and tanning… and I’m sure I’m not the only one. So for this Union Test Kitchen, I thought we could bring one of the classic tastes of Summer from around the campfire into the Fall. We here at Labor 411 decided to take the classic S’more and turn it into a truffle that’s easy to make using all union-made ingredients! (No campfire required to make this tasty treat!)
Here’s what you’ll need:
2 tablespoons unsalted butter – Land O’Lakes
1/2 cup heavy cream – Alta Dena or Horizon
2 cups (12 oz.) milk chocolate chips –Ghiradelli or Hershey Chocolate USA
24 mini marshmallows – Jet Puffed (Kraft)
1 cup finely crushed graham crackers – Honey Maid
1. Melt butter in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat
2. Whisk in cream and bring to a boil
3. Remove pan from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted and smooth
4. Chill saucepan in refrigerator for about 1 hour, or until chocolate is solid and able to be rolled
5. Roll chocolate into balls. Then stuff a mini marshmallow into the center of each- you can easily do this by making a small dent in each ball and placing a marshmallow inside. Then, fold the ball of chocolate over the marshmallow and continue to roll in your hands until the ball is smooth
6. Roll the chocolate/marshmallow balls into the graham cracker crumbs until the exterior is covered
7. Chill for a few minutes so the truffles solidify—then remove from the refrigerator and enjoy!
You must be logged in to post a comment.