McDonald’s Becomes First Fast Food Chain To Pay Workers Time Off To Get Vaccine

The largest fast food chain the in the U.S. is giving workers four hours paid time off to get the COVID vaccine.

The industry leader’s move sends a signal to other fast food chains that no worker should have to give up wages to get vaccinated.

The incentive, however, is only available to workers at McDonald’s locations that are owned by the McDonald’s corporation, or about 5% of the company’s total workforce. The remaining 95% of workers are employees of the franchise owners.

McDonald’s joins other chains like Trader Joe’s, Dollar General, and Olive Garden with its paid time off policy.

You may also like:

Join our mailing list for the latest union news!

Leave a Reply