By Sandy Southivilay
“And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice-cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling. ‘How could it be so?’…Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before!”
This holiday season try out the Grinch Popcorn to pair with your favorite holiday movies. A great balance of sweet, salty, buttery, spicy and crunchy, the Grinch Popcorn will have you popping for more! Don’t let the color (or the Grinch) frighten you away.
We added our own twist by subbing in some union-made Hot Tamales. Enjoy and know you are supporting good jobs!
• 1 Blue Food Coloring
• 1 Yellow Food Coloring
• ¾ tsp Salt (Morton Salt)
• ½ cup Popcorn Kernels (Act II Popcorn)
• ¼ cup Butter (Hiland Dairy)
• 1 box of Hot Tamales candy
• 3 ½ cups Mini Marshmallow (Campfire Marshmallows)
1. Make popcorn in the microwave then add salt and set aside in a large bowl.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan on medium. Once the butter has melted, add 3 cups of mini marshmallows and stir using a spoon.
3. Add a couple drops of blue and yellow food coloring and stir until the mixture is the perfect shade of Grinch green.
4. Slowly pour the mixture over the popcorn. Gently stir the mixture and popcorn until most of the popcorn is covered.
5. Finally, add ½ cup of mini marshmallows and hot tamales for a sweet, cinnamon taste.
Get the latest Product Spotlights, labor blogs and more with the Labor 411 enewsletter