By Linda Dao
Looking for a recipe to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? Try our easy slow cooked corned beef recipe. Simply throw all of the ingredients into a Crock-Pot and let the Crock-Pot do all of the work! As always, our recipes are designed to be prepared with union-made ingredients and support good jobs!
Ingredients (purchase from your local unionized grocery store):
• 10 small potatoes, quartered
• 1 onion, quartered
• 4 cups of water
• 4 pounds corned beef brisket with spice packet (Saag’s, Thumann’s, Winter’s Premium Deli)
• 6 ounces of beer (use your favorite union beer)
• 1/2 head of cabbage, coarsely chopped
1. Place onions and potatoes in the bottom of the Crock-Pot.
2. Pour in water and place brisket on top.
3. Pour beer over brisket.
4. Sprinkle brisket with spices and set Crock-Pot on high.
5. Cook 8 hours on high and stir in cabbage pieces one hour before serving.
Get the latest Product Spotlights, labor blogs and more with the Labor 411 enewsletter