By Sandy Southivilay
The NFL Conference Championships are this weekend and the Super Bowl is soon to follow, so we’ve come up with an easy-to-make and savory appetizer for your parties! The Super Bowl Slider will quickly become a favorite among partygoers. It’s positively a touchdown-worthy bite you wouldn’t want to miss! Like all our recipes, we use union-made ingredients. Support good jobs and enjoy!
• Sara Lee’s Mini buns
• Banquet Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
• Hiland Dairy Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
• Dole Fresh Onion
• 2 tbsp of Roundy’s Olive Oil
• Black pepper
1. In a large skillet over medium temperature, heat 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
2. Slice the onions into thin slices and toss them into the skillet.
3. Add the Banquet Meatballs to the skillet and season with salt and black pepper.
4. Cook the meatballs until they are golden brown.
5. Heat the oven to 400F.
6. Place the bottom portion of each Sara Lee’s bun on a tray. With a spoon place one meatball with some sauce on each bun.
7. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top. Then, add the top bun to each slider.
8. Bake in the oven until the buns are slightly toasted.
9. Transfer to a platter and serve them warm!
Get the latest Product Spotlights, labor blogs and more with the Labor 411 enewsletter